Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter

Holy Week is a big thing in Spain, with lots of photogenic, religious processions. And this year I managed to miss the lot.

Partly it was the weather - it drizzled and rained constantly for the second half of the week. Mostly it was a combination of laziness and business.

I used to edit two of my blogs -- the ones about the island of La Palma and El Hierro -- at the Blogger site and then squirt the files up to sheilacrosby.com. It's called FTP publishing, and Blogger will stop doing that on May 1st. I had a choice between giving Google control of all my files, or moving to another platform.

I'm a bit of a control freak. I decided to move it over to Word Press during Easter week, while I had a little more time. It wasn't as bad as I expected. With a bit of help from Helresa publishing who host my website I got the heavy lifting done in a couple of days. Of course there were still lots of other bits and bobs to sort out, like putting the links back, and making it look nice. I'm not 100% happy with it now, but it's a working blog again, and reasonably tidy.

I spring cleaned the utility room, too. Not much fun, but it shouldn't need doing again for quite a while.

Best of all, I spent a day with my friends in Franceses. My goodness, I'd forgotten how much fun it is to have fun!

And now it's Sunday night, and I'm wondering where the week went.

No comments: