Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy birthday Helen




We hosted my friend Helen's party last night, because they could sleep at our house, but we couldn't sleep at theirs. So I cooked quiches and they bought sausage rolls, and we ordered a cake.

I thought the cake sounded a bit expensive, but what the heck, it was a special occasion. When I collected it, I found out why. I'd asked for a cake for 5, but the phone line wasn't great, and they'd heard "15"! Oh deary me, whatever shall we do with the extra cake?

We all clubbed together to get Helen a boxed set of DVDs, but I wanted to get her a little something extra. In the end we bought her two bags of cement, because they still have lots of building work to do on their house. Since it was too big to wrap in paper, I decorated it with a rose.

And then we played video games.

No comments: