Monday, March 19, 2007

Power Cut

Well, after months of dithering I've finally taken the plunge and ordered my new camera. I'm getting a Pentax K10D, with two lenses, and it should be here by the weekend. I had considered getting it from the UK or eBay, but this works out cheaper. Once it arrives, I have a lot of practising to do - great!

As I walked back to the car, it started to rain and then pour. It's been pouring on and off most of the day.

We have a crack somewhere in our upstairs balcony which lets rain drip into the living room. Of course the water follows the path of least resistance, which is the hole drilled for the light, so it shorts the darn thing out. The house is still under guarantee, and the builders should come back and fix it this summer, but meanwhile my husband stuck a load of woodworker's glue down all the likely-looking cracks and the leak stopped, at lest for a while.

So I was worried that the temporary fix would fail and the lights fuse again. Nope. The glue held fine. But the whole village had a power cut. So my son did his homework by candlelight. We were just starting to get bored when the lights finally came back on.


The friends who bought the house in the north of the island have left London to start the long drive thorough France andSpain to get here. You can read about it on their blog at http://casa-estrellas.blogspot.com/

Now I really must get on with all the computer work I was supposed to do this afternoon.