Monday, June 18, 2007

Running round the hamster wheel

It's been too busy for comfort.

My friend Farida wasn't in hospital for long, but she was sent home with strict instructions to stay in bed. Since she lives with an 11-year-old daughter, and infirm mother-in-law and a non-domesticated husband, I've been taking up rather a lot of the slack.

Meanwhile my son had a ton of end-of-shcool-year homework, which only gets done if I nag-nag-nag-nag-nag-nag-nag-nag-nag nag-nag-nag-nag-nagnag-nag-nag-nag-nag-nag-nag-nag-nag-nag. It's like pushing an elephant up the stairs.

Plus the usual housework, translating for the friends in Franceses, and updating the Ruido website.

Still, Farida is almost better, and my son's term ends on Wednesday. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

I just hope it isn't a train coming at me.

No comments: