Saturday, August 25, 2007

Warp speed 9

I got all the photos from the wedding edited and written to CDs -- 9 CDs! -- and gave them to the bride on Wednesday. I spent the rest of the day relaxing and catching up with housework. On Thursday I took my son into town to buy a new bicycle helmet and video game. While we were there, I got a ton of fresh veg from the market, to cook for the freezer.

Then the bride emailed to say she couldn't read some of the CDs, in spite of trying on several different computers. Eek!

So that afternoon I bought a pen drive and copied most of the photos onto that. Of course I still had to cook all the darn veg because there was too much to fit into the fridge. So I finished the day pwned again.

But the next morning I got a lovely email from the bride: "These pictures, exactly,
are the pictures of our wedding we have always dreamt of. More than that."

And the CD writing problem turs out to be nothing more than my impatience. If I write CDs at a slower speed and don't run any other programs while I do it, they're fine.

So today I'm really relaxing.

No comments: