My books arrived less than two weeks ago, and I'm already running out of copies.
The local tourist board bought a lot, bless them, and I've sold more in person and over the internet. I've given some away as publicity, and some as presents, and three to the central library in S/C de Tenerife (which I had to do by law). I have 37 copies out on sale or return in various shops. And that leaves me with just 15 in stock!
So I've ordered more, which gave me a chance to fix the various typos that managed to sneak past four (count 'em!) proof-readers. Which is nice, because I'm thinking of entering "A Breathtaking Universe..." in a competition for self-published books, and I'll need a typo-free version by the end of January.
So I prepared a (hopefully!) typo-free version with help from EcoGeek and sent it off to the printers. then I had insomnia on Sunday night, from trying to decide how many copies to order. More copies means more expense up-front, but also more time before I have to worry about it again, and it also works out slightly cheaper per copy. I decided on 100.
Then in the morning I got an email from the printers offering an extra discount on 200 copies. I took a deep breath and ordered 200.
And then I wondered if I'd been silly.
And then I got two emails asking to buy the book, so I think it's going to be OK.