Monday, April 22, 2013

Babysitting

One of my friends is hugely pregnant.  She also has a very cute one-year-old.

Today it was almost 30 ºC, and the last day to get the paperwork done for quarterly tax returns (mandatory for all freelancers in Spain, including my friend.)  And the tax office has lots and lots of steps.  And her partner had to go out.

 In other words, she needed a little help.

So we went into town in her car (which has the baby seat) and found no parking spaces anywhere near the tax office except the disabled ones.  So we parked there for a moment while she got out and I got into the driver's seat. (Most Spanish car insurance covers any driver.)  Then I drove into town and parked on a meter near the post office. Me and His Cuteness went into the post office and sent off a book to a customer (thanks, Richard!) then headed back to the tax office where - Hallelujah! - I found a parking space close to the tax office. It was far too hot to wait in the car, so we went into a nearby bar and had cold drinks and played with the beermats until Mummy was done.

It meant that I didn't get any work done on the book, but I'd forgotten how much fun it is to play with a one year old.



No comments: