Monday, July 30, 2007

Simplify your life

Today is the start of "Simplify your life" week.

Great idea.

But how?

I suppose we could all become nudists, so I'd have less ironing to do.

I did all the easy simplification years ago, like always putting the car keys down in the same place so I can find them when I want them.

Actually I did the best bit simplification when I stopped worrying about being cool. It saves so much time not to worry what other people think about my car, or my clothes, my taste in music, or my housekeeping. If anybody wants to pity me because I don't drive a Mercedes, fine. I can pity them for doing the 1,000 hours of overtime to pay for it, or pity them for the nights laying awake staring up at the ceiling wondering how they're going to pay for it.

My life, my rules (just as long as I don't hurt anyone).

You know, if everybody stopped buying stuff just to impress other people, we'd have a lot less global warming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely agree, certainly with your last statement. I hope I no longer buy things to impress anyone.

Haven't ironed anything in 15 years though: I make sure that all my clothes are of fabrics that can get away without it. :)