Friday, October 19, 2007

A long week

It's been a rather long week. On Monday I gave my friend L a lift to the doctor, because she'd hurt her foot and couldn't drive.

On Tuesday I gave her and her little son a lift to the doctor's again, for his routine checkup.


On Wednesday I went up to the observatory with Norma and her visitor. That wound up taking all morning because I'd stupidly forgotten to get petrol beforehand, so we had to turn round, come back down, and fill up. Then when we got to the Galileo telescope, my husband wasn't there. He'd had to go and sort out a one of their diesil cars which somebody had filled with petrol! Luckily, we were able to go and see the Isaac Newton telescope instead.

And yesterday I went to the doctor's with another friend. We thought we were just going to get her registered on the health service computer, but there was a chance to see the doctor, so we grabbed it.

I seem to have spent most of today chilling out. But tonight I'm off out for a drink with Norma, Helen and Theresa. I feel I've earned it.

The novel's got up to 60,828 words.

No comments: