Saturday, October 13, 2007

Zoom!



We've got a rally going past our house today. As usual, I forgot to move my car before they closed the road, so I can't go and see my friend.

I really enjoyed the first few cars, then I got bored and worried about sunburn, so I went in. Now I'm getting heartily sick of the noise, and there's still at least half an hour to go before I can drive anywhere.

If you want to know how to take a photo with the rally car sharp and the background blurred, see the article on my website on panning.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shall study your guide on panning most carefully, because it could come in handy next time they close our road all day for the rally (without notice, of course). Usually, I'm lucky to actually get a car in the shot - they move faster than my "point and shoot" fires - but while one is a captive audience, one may as well.

Sheila, Canary Islands said...

Oh we get notice of when they're closing the roads. They put sheets of A4 paper up on trees between the villages. You can see what it's about if you get really close - like if you're on foot or you stop the car.

Anonymous said...

You get notices? Well, I'm jealous! LOL!

Actually, the format and "careful placing" reminds me a lot like of A4 paper signs they put up here after the Cabildo had treated the area with toxic herbicides (lets ignore the fact that it's a rural park where poisons are "prohibited", because they run it). The signs indicated that there was a secuirty period of 10 days, but they left the date of the treatment blank.