Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Warp speed 9 yet again.

It's been a mad week.

Friday last week I had a coach party from a cruise ship. They were a nice group, and I wasn't a particularly hard morning, but I felt enormously tired afterwards.  In fact, I suspect I had some sort of lurgy, because I went on feeling enormously tired and very cold all weekend.  Preparing English classes was enormously hard work.  Worse, I had an appointment to register as self employed on Monday morning, and I had to prepare photocopies of my passport, residency card, paperwork from the tax office and fill in a form written in Spanish legalese.  Worse still, we realised that Monday was the last day to get our son preferentially registered for senior high school.  That was obviously even more important, but the form was worse legalese and I wasn't sure what supporting documents we'd need.  So I took a photo of my son and printed out passport sized photos, and photocopies of everything they might conceivably demand (ID cards for all the family, health registration of our son, etc.).  My lovely sister-in-law translated the paperwork from gobledygook into Spanish and helped us fill it in.  Since I couldn't be in two places at once, my husband got the morning off work to deal with the school registration. I thought I had it all ready.

Actually, Monday was easier than expected, although we only had one car working.  We called in at our son's current school to get his school ID number, then my husband dropped me off at the Social Security offices.  To my astonishment, that actually went smoothly. And when I phoned up my husband, he said that he'd just got our son registered at his preferred high school.

Spanish paperwork doesn't usually go smoothly.

I had an astrotourism meeting on Monday afternoon, but I left halfway through because I was still feeling cold and tired.

On Tuesday I had to get up early.  I had to show a photographer around the Roque starting at 10:30, but because of the roadworks, I had to get there before 9 am or go the long way around. So I got there, and sat in the Residencia preparing my English class.

I had a great time with the photographer.  He was very interested, and I finally got to climb around parts of the huge GranTeCan that I've wanted to climb for years. But we finished very late.  I didn't get home until almost 6, so I missed the second astrotourism meeting too.

So now I just have classes to give.  That should be the easy bit.

No comments: