Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Meeting the Puppets


Yesterday was busy. I decided to reward myself for all my hard work on the translation with a theatre break. One of my Starlight guide teachers was giving a talk for schoolchildren, but with a twist.  He played the straight man while two naughty children (the puppets) kept interrupting, setting light to balloons filled with hydrogen and so on.  It was a great laugh, and I was very glad I went. I didn't learn any astronomy, but I learned quite a bit about sharing astronomy with kids.  Plus it was good to see Alfred again and to meet the stars afterwards. Ramiro and Estrella come from the same firm of puppeteers who created Trancas and Barrancas on Spanish TV.

And boy did the kids love the infra-red camera! Here's Alfred with his hand in a bin-bag - completely opaque in visible light, and transparent in infra-red.

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Those puppets are cute!