Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Canary Day


Friday is Canary Day. It's a big thing here, and the celebrations have started already.

Early this evening, I went into town with my son to sort out some paperwork and a birthday present, and we found they had bouncy castles in the port car park. So of course we stayed for a while.

We were both wondering what the nozzle was for. And then they started squirting foam out of it. My son was so delighted that he dived in with all his clothes on. I'd have been seriously tempted to join in except that I had my expensive camera with me. So I had to stay upwind of the fun.

I drove my son home in his underpants, sat on a plastic shopping bag. In this climate it was no great problem.

Tomorrow most schools will have a party for the second half of the morning. My son's school includes lunch, so he'll be coming home late. And the real celebration is Friday.

No comments: