Friday, May 02, 2008

My little bit of Heaven


I'm not usually big on possessions. I don't find happiness in the "right" designer label on my handbag, or a flash car. But my goodness, I'm happy with my new patio furniture.

Our house has a terrific view from the balcony, but I never spent much time out there because it was a mess, the old plastic chairs were uncomfortable, and we had no table. It was one of those jobs I wrote on my New Year goals several years running, and never seemed to get around to.

Now a shop in the next village is having a closing down sale because the owners are retiring, and the patio furniture is 20% off. This was the kick up the rear that I needed. I spent most of yesterday tidying up the balcony, and this morning they delivered the furniture.

And just to make it perfect, a couple of Woman's Weeklies arrived from my sister-in-law, so I could sit out here and read.

Bliss.

No comments: