Thursday, July 09, 2009

Home, Sweet Home


Well, we made it back on Tuesday night, and I still haven't caught my breath yet.

On Sunday we took the boys to see the Garoé, the beautiful old tree which used to be sacred to the people who lived on El Hierro before the Spanish conquest. Last time I saw it in the mist. This time it was hot sun, so we could see the view, including La Palma in the distance, and it was beautiful in a completely different way.

On Monday we had dinner at the restaurant at La Peña, which has great food and a fantastic view.

And on Tuesday we came home. Not via Gomera, as planned, but via Tenerife. The Ferry company changed the schedule to suit the other 400-odd people on the boat. We got home at the same time as originally planned, but we spent more time on the boat and less ashore. No biggie.

Of course I came home to a zillion unanswered emails, a dirty house, and dirty laundry. Plus my son's camp to organise, and my husband's birthday present to buy.

But at least I had a proper break first.

No comments: