Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Froze toes and fingers


Just before Christmas, somebody left the freezer open a crack all night, and the inside filled with enough snow to build an igloo. But I was far too biusy to do anytng much about it, then.

So I ran down the contents. After all, over the Christmas rush, it was rather handy to do a bit less shopping and eat stews out of the freezer, rather than cooking. And last week I had it about 1/3 full – just about right for defrosting.

And then I got the lurgy, and couldn't summon the energy to defrost the freezer. Worse, I'd run out of home-made stew and frozen ready meals.

Well, today I finally did it. My fingers froze, but the freezer is now gloriously clear and clean. Not surprisingly, the dripping water and ice got my slippers damp, which froze my toes too, so I put them out on the balcony to dry in the sun.

It tired me out, though. So after lunch I went for a siesta.

And woke to the relaxing sound of rain.

Yup, my slippers we so soaked that I washed them. Now all I have to do is get them dry, and refill the fridge.

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Oh no! I really hate cold wet feet at the best of times, as you were tired and recovering from the lurgy it must have been awful to realise you had soggy slippers.