Thursday, March 15, 2012

Warp speed 11

This morning I took a group around Grantecan - Normal enough and fun. I got home and just had time to eat before I took my son to the dentist, followed by the hairdresser's and supermarket (the only place to park near the hairdresser's is the supermarket car park.) As soon as we got back, we grabbed one of the cats, and took her to the vet. And as soon as we got back from that, I started packing my suitcase. I'm escaping to El Hierro for the weekend to visit a friend. And when I read my email, I found a rush translation job. Only they're asking me to translate to German, which is decidedly optimistic given my level of (in)competence in German. So I emailed back, saying "Did you mean English? I can do English?" And seeing as they're in a hurry, I looked up the phone numbers to chase it in the morning. I'm the webmaster for a small non-profit, and somebody's having trouble unsubscribing. More emails required. I need to leave by 9:30 tomorrow morning. I'll get back on Sunday evening. I have Monday to get organised again, and then I really get started. I'll by interpreting and looking after a couple of photojournalists from National Geographic for a week, showing them around the island. This is fantastic, but the hours will be killing. I haven't got an itinerary yet, but I might be putting in anything up to 84 hours in 7 days. Hence the effort to get things like taking the cat to the vet done today. So I think I'd better get to bed. I'm going to need my sleep.

No comments: