Sunday, April 01, 2012

Busy, busy again

National Geographic photo editors in Las Nieves church.

 Wow! Where did the last week go? Well, working at Fotonature got busier. On Friday I worked 12 hours and slept for 5. On Saturday I worked 18 (!) hours and slept for 3 (!!!). On Sunday I worked 6 hours and collapsed in a heap. I spent Monday and Tuesday alternately catnapping and doing light housework.
But Fotonature was great. I took the National Gepgraphic photo editors to see volcanoes, the back streets of Santa Cruz, Las Nieves church, astronomical viewpoints surrounded by laurel forest and volcanic ash, La Glorieta square, and the biggest telescope in the world. Everybody took photos of everybody else taking photos of everybody else taking photos. I got to hear two of the FotoNature talks, and I'm hoping to be able to hear a recording of the rest. Best of all, I got some personal advice on the photos for my upcoming book about the observatory. So wonderful - but still exhausting.
Sigui photographing Todd, who was photographing the telescope.

Since then, I've scrubbed the kitchen and bathrooms and caught up with laundry, and sort-of caught up with blogs. I've also been to the opening party of an art gallery /magazine offices in Los Cancajos, and an open day at the silk museum in El Paso.

 Best of all, my friend's baby arrived safe and sound. He is, of course, utterly gorgeous. I hope his Mummy will let me post some photos.

No comments: