Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Still Hot

The weather was supposed to have got back to normal by now, but it's still too hot for my taste. All right – it's less hot. In fact it's just about perfect for lazing on the beach.


Me? I've been rushing around again.


I'm still taking little Sam to and from nursery. Actually this is a small job, and a rather nice one. I'd forgotten how nice it is to have one of your fingers clasped by a whole, tiny hand.


So what else did I do this morning? Well, I went to look at the patio furniture in a shop that's having a closing down sale. I saw something I liked, but it's not cheap, so I didn't want to buy it without consulting my husband. I popped into the bank. I did two loads of laundry and one load of the dishwasher. I bought beer at a wholesalers, and I took some more photos of the old manor house. It doesn't look any better by full daylight. And I updated the Ruido web-page.


Surprise, surprise, the wasn't a whole lot of morning left after that lot.


When we took Sam home after nursery, it was the hottest part of the day. Lou had a marvellous bit of lateral thinking – who says the water can only be outside the dinghy? And it wasn't long before Julio got in with Sam.


One thing led to another, and we wound up staying for lunch.


Which means that most of the rest of the afternoon will be taken up with homework. But it was worth it to have some fun.

No comments: